Soundstream tarantula 6x9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking about buying some Soundstream tarantula 6x9 for the rear deck in my car.

Should i build a box for them that mounts under the deck or run them on the deck without a box?

I'll be having 55-60 watt RMS going to each. I've also got a sony xplod sub pushing 140watt rms in a sealed box.

Your subs are making all the bass, you would want the 6X9s for mids and highs . Back deck is fine. The 6X9s will be much more better this way and plus you would not be putting stress on them , so it would be harder to blow them up. 80-100 high pass filter would be good. But as far as brands best bang for buck KICKER DS 690 I install them all the time they are the loudest speakers around and the sound great too, plus they handle abuse very very well . I almost never send out warranty for KICKER products they are build very well . Soundstream is good but Power Acoustik ( I sell Power Acoustik too good headunits ) bought them out of bankruptcy , so it is no longer the old soundstream it use to be. Power Acoustik speakers I stop buying because of to many returns , upgrade the customer to KICKER they pay alil more, they come back for more products not warranty. WIN WIN.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll enable my high pass filter. They also came with cross overs. The tweeter and the woofer have separate inputs... By far 1 of the nicest speakers I have ever heard.

I need a good 10inch 4 ohm sub. The Sony explode I was givin is broken. Hail went through it in a storm, I have patched it since then... Any recommendations on a 91-94db sub for under $100?

Here KICKER always makes the cars/trucks rattle LOL ! The most important part of a subwoofer system is the BOX ! For better output even with your setup is you want no need a custom ported box and shoot the box fs to the lowest hertz your sub can handle . A sub in a sealed box compared to a custom ported box can hit harder +3db's , with the same amp from sealed to ported. If you are going to go all out , make sure the shop has used and knows how to design your box with computer software.

My box is sealed,'sub can push 18hz

inlisten to dubstep so ya, low range is a must, dunno what lowest frequency to go for, was thinking 28hz.

So I need a ported box? I'm a DIY kinda guy And will build my own boxes, if ports what I need, then ported is what I'll build. I'll spend days, weeks reseaching. This was my first stop and have. Feeling it was a good place to start

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.