My new Box for DC 12s. Need opinions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Getting 2 12 level 3 DC subs. Got a box designed out for them that fits the volume perfectly and has a smallish port.

The design I made has 2 layers on the top part (I don't know if that's necessarily but I heard it's best to reinforce the top plate since they take the most beating...but if not.. It'll take less work off my shoulder.)

Board being used is 3/4 MDF board. Port size 8x3x15 Box size 30x13x19
Suggested ported box for these subs are 1.5 cubic feet per sub, so the total volume is about 3.2 (the speaker displacement is .15)

Subs will be pointed up towards my glass and the port will be pointed toward my truck lock.
The box is tuned to 32 hz

Xray

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Normal

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
I think you need to leave at least your port height (3") of clearance from the port entry to the box wall. More clearance is better, so making the port exit out one of the sides might be better.

Are you sure that is enough port area for both woofers?

I think you need to leave at least your port height (3") of clearance from the port entry to the box wall. More clearance is better, so making the port exit out one of the sides might be better.

Are you sure that is enough port area for both woofers?

Well according to my port calculator...It is =S I don't know how to do these port calculation myself..it's very haunting =(( the clearance from the box wall to the port is about 3" though, if I did it right.

But the stand up ports I may consider doing that, but I don't know if the sub will get in the way because the magnetic on these subs are so beastly huge.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.