6.5 woofer box? help :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this woofer
bbbefb1018a7898b.jpg
i want to make it a sealed box but I don't have all the stuff that are needed for the calculators (I have Speaker Displacement = 355,1 cm3). Can you help me?

Have you got any TS for it? If not you can buy woofertester (abot $80 in PE's thanksgiving sale-that's when i got mine last year) but if that investment is too high you might be able to find someone who'll loan you theirs or test your driver for you.

If that doesn't work have you got any existing enclosures? I'd build a baffle for one and try the sub in it. If it sounds too sloppy, almost certainly will if the enlcousre is for a larger driver, add balast to the box to reduce the volume and repeat util desired sound is heard. Then work out the volume of your test enclosure and then build a speciifc one.

Ok, quickly modeled the specs on the linked site.

1stly the specs listed are for an 8ohm driver, yours is 4ohm so this is never going to be wholey accurate (but modeling never is and the 4ohm driver shouldn't be too wildly different).

2ndly either the Xmax is wrong or these were never designed for "bass"-any sealed box larger than 0.1cf (2.831litres) results in over excusrion at anything below 100Hz, vented boxes of any worth are showing over excursion too. Band-pass and I can squeeze some sub 100Hz output out of the driver-but results would be poor and still over excurts @ around 50Hz.

If you suitably filter below 100Hz then they'll do midbass duties:
Sealed: 1.448cf (41.01litres) for QTC of .707, heavy stuff, HPF at 90Hz
Vented no point unless you want a huge peak at 100Hz area-pointless IMO

yep the Xmax i think... so will it sound good? i mean for its size and $? I just want to get it a good box and that is all. btl my amp is a kinter ma-150 [60w (2x25)] and i have the filter on L. I do have a 150w amp but the filter is broken and i use it on my 5.25 speakers.

What do you want to use it for? For midbass it'll sound fine, for anything below 100Hz it's a waste of time/money/effort. If your filter is On "L" then I can only presume that this is for subwoofer duties and a total waste of time for that. Buy a cheap 8/10/12" and drop it in the same sized box for actual "bass"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.