VW Premium 7 Aux/Tape/MP3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, my radio has an MP3 button, so i'm trying to connect Tape or MP3 player to it, or just an AUX connection for various music sources. the radio likes like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1) when i Press CD button, it changes over to the internal 6 CD changer, and plays CD's i put in. when i press this button repeatedly, nothing happens, i.e. it dosn't change over to any input source other than the internal CD changer.

2) it has a MIX button, with FLDR, CD, MAG as setup options. what is this button for? with the setup option set at CD, and when i press the MIX button, is it supposed to change over to an external CD source?

the sticker on the back looks like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i'm trying to make such connections to the CD-C socket, and took the pinouts as labeled in the picture.

3) am i connecting to the correct pins?
4) after connecting a tape player as such as a test case, i realized there is no way to tell the radio to switch over to this source, as repeated pressing the CD button didn't get any response, nor did pressing the MIX button.

guess there are really just 2 questions, what are the correct pins to connect to and, how to tell the radio to switch to that source.

thank you very much for helping everyone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.