Weird idea to increase SPL in your cab.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I'm thinking of probably a dumb idea, but I don't know if it would affect anything...

I have an old car, 95' buick skylark custom. *4 door*. I'm thinking about removing the 6x9s and pointing the ports through the hole of the 6x9 cutout to see if it'd increase anything...because I don't even use my 6x9s and my front speakers are 2 4x6 infinity midrange speakers...so It's already pretty loud for voice.
The ports are slotted, not the tubes.
Would this increase anything or no?

I had a similar set up to this in a vintage Mustang. Two rear facing 10's in a box that was elevated to just below the rear deck. The tube ports went through the back deck into the box......the box essentially ported into the cars cabin. It was a catch 22......a few things it did better, a few things it did worse. I can't say as I gained any SPL......I think the box being in the trunk helps create SPL in fact. It did sound different but I could never decide if I liked it better or not. I know this doesn't help......guess what I'm saying is give it a shot but make sure you can undo it if you don't like it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.