Memphis mojo orange flame

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes.

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    929.7 KB · Views: 142
Use your multimeter to find all of the output transistors that have the 3rd pad directly connected. There will be two groups. The group with more transistors is for the P-channel outputs. The others are for the N-channel outputs. All of the 0.02 and 0.04 ohm current sense resistors will have to be intact/within tolerance for this to work.

Are they supposed to have IRF640s in that amp? Many of these amps (or at least amps similar to these) used IRFB31N20Ds in place of the 640s. The 640s I've tried (for testing) all ran hot. Do NOT buy IRFB31N20Ds from ebay unless you KNOW the seller to be legitimate. Too many people have purchased the IRFB31N20D from ebay and they were counterfeit or otherwise not up to spec and caused a variety of problems.

The amp has been worked on by several people.so most parts are not the own parts. I was looking at a directed 2400 that I just got and it uses those transistors in place of the 640's. I also need the place ment of the ic's in the preamp section.the ic behind the rca jacks is missing. I will up load pictures when I'm off work.

If the windings were shorted at one point and you can insulate the windings at that point, the inductor should be OK. If the insulation has burned away on more than a few windings, you may need to rewind it but that's not as simple as it may seem and you should not attempt it unless there is no other option. If the entire inductor has overheated badly, it may need to be replaced. Sometimes the cores overheat (on inductors in general, not on this amp specifically) to a point where the properties of the core change and they cannot be reused.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.