kicker 1200.1 burnt, need schem please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have emailed Kicker a few times and have not received any kind of response so I am dead in the water on this amp. I notice that this is not a rare occurance so I figure the schematic is out there. If someone could post it up for send it to me that would be great.
I will go over it and try to keep the Newb questions to an absolute minimum.

Thanks in advance guys! :p

Q06 Q07 Q08 and Q09 are burnt out. Already know I have to get all 8 of the power transistors, but since I cant get the schematic I and these are burnt badly I dont know what the part numbers for the replacements are.
I believe the board was red, but I have to check when I get home, I didn't notice anyone mentioning differences of board or dates so I didnt look into that. I will get that info after work.

I am going to order the stuff from Digi-key as soon as I know what I am supposed to be ordering.

If the FETS on the other side of the board were Q12-Q15, it's the red board.

The FETs were likely IRF3205s. If only one side was badly burned, you can probably read them on the other side of the amp.

Check the 100 ohm gate resistors after removing the power supply FETs.

The PNP driver transistors (Q05 and Q11) also commonly fail. I generally use MMBTA56s in place of the originals.

You also need to check the output transistors to see if any have failed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.