My CRX install (Semi-old school content)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heres some pics of the install that was completed recently :)

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

- Clarion DRZ9255 headunit (4 way active capable)
- DLS MS6a 6.5" midbass
- old skool Kicker Nd25a tweeters
- old skool Zapco Studio 50 (tweeters)
- old skool Zapco Studio 100 (midbass)
- old skool Zapco Studio 100 (bridged for sub)
- old skool Kicker KS80 Substation

Some pics of my other components that were installed:

30114000135_large.jpg

30114000131_large.jpg

31395001004_large.jpg

31395001039_large.jpg

30114000176_large.jpg

31395002237_large.jpg

30114004120_large.jpg

30114004123_large.jpg

30114004125_large.jpg

I love old school installs. I really like your component choices. The Clarion head unit is classic SQ gold. The Zapco amps were hard to beat in their day; they absolutely kill today. I also like the fact its not a over the top install. Its clean, even and a functional install. Oh, almost forgot - I still hate you. :D ( IOW I'm gealous :cool: ) Congrats on a job done well.

Aaaah, the CRX. What a car. OP, your install is excellent. How do you like the substation?

Here is another install on one from back in the day. In the configuration below, the subs were ADS S10's. IIRC the front & rear speakers were 320i's, and the center-channel was a 200i. This car was bought by a friend of mine -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lil Yellow" CRX

The Alpine Car Audio Nationals II in 1988 will be remembered as a benchmark event in the history of car audio competition. It was one of the first heavily publicized national soundoffs and featured three of the most famous vehicles ever to compete: the famous SpeakerWorks Buick, Kimura's Acura, and the car known as "Lil Yellow," Richie Inferrera's 1988 Honda CRX Si (Installations, April '89).

"It's a special car, one that made history," said Inferrera of his Honda. "The imaging in that car is outstanding. And it was one of the first totally stealth installations. I've helped people all over the world design systems for CRXs based on that car."

ca1096h.gif

Richie Inferrera Richie Inferrera's "Lil' Yellow" Honda CRX featured (clockwise from left) component speakers in each door, signal processors and a mobile phone in a stock storage compartment behind the seat, and four 10-inch subwoofers in the spare-tire compartment.

The limited confines of the Honda CRX didn't limit the performance Inferrera was able to achieve. The system includes nine speakers (four 10-inch subwoofers and five two-way speakers), a pair of four-channel amps, a crossover, a parametric equalizer, and an Alpine CD player, which can be hidden by a motorized panel. There's also a telephone and a security system. The cigarette lighter is actually the control for the center-channel gain.

Inferrera's CRX is now the property of a/d/s, the company that manufactured the amps and speakers for Lil Yellow's stellar system. "I was sad to see it go," said Inferrera, "but a/d/s really wanted it for a test car. It still has the original woofers and amps in it."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.