Rockford Power T1001BD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got another one of these amps in for repair. This one dropped it's internal screen and shorted out the power supply - I hope just the power supply.

After testing, the following pieces need to be replaced:

6x Fairchild 75344G power supply fets (Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q11, and Q??)
6x 22.1ohm fet gate resistors (R30, R29, R23, R25, R28, R24)
At most, 4 of driver transistors which i cannot exactly read their values (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). Some of these may be OK, but at least two of them split and blew chunks.

1. Having trouble sourcing the 75344Gs. Any subs or places of suggestion?
2. I dont know exactly precisly Q2/Q2/Q3/Q4 is other than looking on the DVD at a Power 2000. Is Q3 a 2G and Q4 a 1G? What about Q1 & Q2?

The bigger question is what else commonly goes when the screen drops? i cannot find much else wrong other than this amp's ps.

Thanks!

Octopart Part Search

When the screens fall in, they can do all sorts of damage. Sometimes it's difficult to find. Hopefully yours just caused the supply to fail.

You need to reinstall the screen but this time use goop or another good adhesive to make sure that it doesn't fall again. On every amp like this that you repair, you should apply adhesive to make sure that the screen cannot fall.

Email me if you want the diagram.

You can easily determine if the driver transistor is an NPN or a PNP. The collector of the PNP will be connected directly to ground.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.