rockford fosgate t2000-1bd blown power supply mosfets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
please help me!my rockford fosgate t2000-1bd smoked a couple of mosfets as soon as i connected the - and b+ to the amp,and it did'nt even have the remote lead hooked !for years i've been threatening to repair my own amp,but this time i would really like to go through with it.i do a little solid state trouble shooting here and there,but nothing like this and i'm know were near what you would call an expert or child of the trade. i've been reading your treads for a while now and i have to say i'm very impressed with your knowledege level,so please help if you can..

i got the schematic from rockford,and i'd like to know what are the common parts to replace when something like this happens,and were and how do i check the existing parts.i have'nt used scopes much,but i do know my way around an 87 fluke multi=meter pretty well

If you haven't been here(see link), read this info first. It can save you money and a bunch of questions. If you feel nothing else is bad order them up, but order twice as many as you need. This will save you the shipping cost when the first ones fail because you missed something. If you slow down and double check everything then you can be certain nothing was missed.

Basic Amplifier Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.