Hifonic AMP troubles. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd October 2011, 02:20 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hifonic AMP troubles.

Okay I JUST bought this amp HIF2000D... and hooked it up. Right now I have the knobs all at halfway..I have my db setting at -10 because right now I don't have my 220amp alt in the car and I know my amp is bottoming out because it can't pull the power needed for it. But I just come across a huge problem...It'll be on..the light is on and everything, but no sound will come out of it. I'm going to buy a longer 0 gauge ground wire because currently its hook on my wheel mount...but It's scaring me because whenever I open my trunk, my subs will go silent and everything. Is it because it's on a bad ground wire...but if that was the case...wouldn't the amp just not be on...this thing is brand new...I don't know what the problem could be...any suggestions?

(More information, If I lift up the box and drop it in my trunk, the subs will turn back on...that's what is confusing me the most. Its not the wires in my subs...because I have them seperately wired, thought it was the problem...but it wasn't...so I'm stumped.)

PS This problem won't happen unless I open the trunk.

Last edited by carshateme; 2nd October 2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2nd October 2011, 02:22 AM   #2
timwebb is offline timwebb  United States
diyAudio Member

ok is there any sound coming out at all?
Old 2nd October 2011, 02:23 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yes. The amp works...I didn't check to see if the protection light was on...but it hasn't done it since my trunk hasn't been open. But If I open the trunk, takes about 20 seconds and my subs just go silent...and like a minute later, they'll turn back on.
Old 2nd October 2011, 02:27 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

might be your ground....might wanna try another spot
Old 2nd October 2011, 02:28 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I'm hoping so...but if it was the ground...wouldn't the amp just shut off...like not be on at all?
Old 2nd October 2011, 02:31 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

some cars are just like that.does it have any paint or rust around it? that will do it too.
Old 2nd October 2011, 02:35 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Yeah, the wheelmount is connected to a painted part of the car...but I don't know where my chassis is in my car.....I'll have to look it up.

But if the ground wire isn't the problem...what else could it be?
Old 2nd October 2011, 03:01 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

"chassis" is the main part of the car. floor-board, trunk floor, wheel-well, any major piece of metal. do you have any wires run toward the top of the trunk?
Old 2nd October 2011, 03:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

No...Obviously my wheel-well isn't all metal....the bracket is..but underneath is paint...so that's eliminates that.. My trunk floor is painted. What my plan is...is to run my ground wire to my spare tire trunk and I'm drilling a hole thru it to my chassis. I just found out where it is.. So I'm going to sand the metal clean, grease it up so it doesn't rust and screw a screw on it... Does that sound good?

Hide this!Advertise here!