Hifonic AMP troubles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay I JUST bought this amp HIF2000D... and hooked it up. Right now I have the knobs all at halfway..I have my db setting at -10 because right now I don't have my 220amp alt in the car and I know my amp is bottoming out because it can't pull the power needed for it. But I just come across a huge problem...It'll be on..the light is on and everything, but no sound will come out of it. I'm going to buy a longer 0 gauge ground wire because currently its hook on my wheel mount...but It's scaring me because whenever I open my trunk, my subs will go silent and everything. Is it because it's on a bad ground wire...but if that was the case...wouldn't the amp just not be on...this thing is brand new...I don't know what the problem could be...any suggestions?

(More information, If I lift up the box and drop it in my trunk, the subs will turn back on...that's what is confusing me the most. Its not the wires in my subs...because I have them seperately wired, thought it was the problem...but it wasn't...so I'm stumped.)

PS This problem won't happen unless I open the trunk.

Last edited:
No...Obviously my wheel-well isn't all metal....the bracket is..but underneath is paint...so that's eliminates that.. My trunk floor is painted. What my plan is...is to run my ground wire to my spare tire trunk and I'm drilling a hole thru it to my chassis. I just found out where it is.. So I'm going to sand the metal clean, grease it up so it doesn't rust and screw a screw on it... Does that sound good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.