old first amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe it's first austria amp with model fa 4410. I can't get sound. There is no voltage on middle legg for output transistors. Power transistors are IRFZ44N's, one is shorted.
I believe these diodes in picture, are zeners 1n4744? Am I right? One is shorted, and I want to replace.
I think amp is in protection mode, but protection light is not on, only power light. I can post voltages from KIA494P.
Sorry for no macro, if need I can take good macro from any place of PCB.

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
If they're connected between the base and emitter of the PNP driver transistor, they're likely 1N4148s or the equivalent.

I'm assuming that you've already replaced the shorted FET.

Do you have both positive AND negative rail voltage on the center legs of the output transistors?

Do you have both positive and negative regulated voltage on the power supply pins of the op-amps?

Have you tried operating all pots and switches through their entire range with speakers connected to see if it ever produced any sound (any type of sound, audio, noise...)?

In your pic, the upper little diodes look like clamps for the gate drive on the SMPS. They rarely fail. Check Q512 and neighbor are probably shorted and giving you a misleading reading.

1N914/1N4148 are the same size but a bit low current, I would guess a fast-recovery diode like a 1N4935 would be tougher.

Note that zener diodes show zener symbol on pcb (see ZD502 silver far right, 1/2W)

I little bit fail with solder and tl494 - now it dosn't go in protect. I cant understand why there is a rail voltage on outputs - on left +20 rail and on right channel -20 rail. For each channel there are A1273 and C3205 and 1W 56ohm resistor which are getting hot as finger burning temp.

For each channel there are 2SD718 and 2SB688, it should need to be that negative rail voltage can be read only from base not collector?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.