repairing PPI 356CS component

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my speaker recently began sounding distorted and quit all together. i removed the panel and took it out. the cone flexes well and comes back to the original position when pushed on. there is also no burnt smell of any sort. there ar eno tears and no visible 'breaks' in the structure of the speaker.

when i turn on my system and lightly push the surround or cone, sound comes out. online searches that i may need to fix the tinsel leads. since i'm no expert in this, i have no clue on how to properly take it apart, then repair it. and i can't even see the tinsel leads.

aside from repairing it, can i place foam pieces (maybe 2 small pieces) on the surround (see attachment) and have my door panel push against the surround so the leads connect? or would that do more damage than good?

and how bad is it for my system to have one speaker not playing? and how badly is it for the speaker to randomly come on b/c a bump in the road causes the lead to connect?

revel-speakers-f52-midrange-diagram.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.