jl audio 1000/1 version 1 rev 10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently bought the amp,the guy hooked it up wrong.when i opened it i had a 100nj100 rattling loose in it dont know where it goes.I believe i was answered on position c809,c810,and c839 as these are all missing in the board.Is there anything in position c509 or is that an empty slot?when i powered the amp today i had a low voltage light,would any of these give me that result?The board looks ok not fried but the individual i bought it from claims theres no output sound.I have attached pics,any help would b great

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 125
Don't do any testing with a 150 amp breaker as the only protection. That's a good way to turn a repairable amp into a smokey paperweight. I don't know of any amp that won't power up via a 30 amp fuse. Most will power up via a 15 amp fuse.

If the transformer is damaged, there probably isn't any practical way to repair it. If you can take a 'good' quality close-up photo of the damaged area of the transformer, it would be much easier to determine if the transformer is salvageable or not.

Is the jl audio a descent amp and should I just take it to a repair shop?I've had a Rockford fosgate power 800a2 for atleast 10 years now and no problems,I'm just curious if this amp can compete with the old Rockford?I've had jl audio subs was impressed with the sound so I know that make great stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.