(MRV-1507) Need Help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i have an Alpine mrv-1507 i have it hooked up to
2 ohms after changing it from 4 ohms I a have a battery capacitor and hooked up
to 2 10" Alpine type R and my Head unit is an Alpine cda-117.

So the problem I'm having has me stumped.
i have it hooked up to 2 ohm
The sub seems fine
the subs work and there's bass but not very much bass at all.
I was getting more out of a 400 watt rms mtx amp
all the light are solid green
I set all the gains up right
wiring is all set up correctly and to spec
the subs work and there's bass but not very much bass at all.
i have no idea what to do

it's hooked up normal polarity.
so which ohms should it be set to?
1 sub isn't louder than 2
also what should my gain be set to?
right now it's set to half way.
i have the eq set up all the way
and subs on max still not as much power as it should be
i got more out of a 400 watt rms mtx amp

I mean I have both sub woofers wired to negative on one side and positive on the other sides positive.
I don't know the impedance of the coils
and yes it's a dual coil.

I know that a friend looked at the amp and subs and he said
all the readings are normal but it's not running how it should.

well kind of sounds like you have the subs wired to 8ohms, then at the amp, i'm assuming you have it one sub per side? or do you have it bridged? either way that would be 8ohmsx2 stereo (equal to 16ohms bridged), or 4ohms bridged. sounds more like 8ohms stereo, which would put you at under 75watts per. doubble check the resistance and wiring on the subs, and put them at 2ohms stereo. you should be getting 600rms @12v, and 900rms@14.4v this way.

so, the subs would have 2 jumpers, so the wires connect both positives on the coils together, and both negatives together. if you only have one jumper from the one negative to the other positive, and then the speaker wires on the other 2 unused terminals, then that is series 8ohms.

This is how i have it wired right now so it is bridged know the subs are fine they're brand new, But as for the resistance I'd have to go get that checked out tomorrow here. the subs aren't even close to what I've seen on other MRV-1507. could it possibly be something with the car like I've noticed a squeaking sound from my alternator but people say that shouldn't be the problem. All lights stay green Music light blinks when it's receiving music like it should...

This is the diagram I have it wired to.

http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/2_subs_DVC_4_ohm_2ch_bridged.jpg

well, that should be working ok, if you have it set per-manual. i would try running the subs down to 2ohms, instead of 8 each, and put one on each channel. make sure you have the hp/lp filter set to lpf, set the lpf frequenciy between 80 and 100hz, make sure the rcas are on input, not output, idk if there is a sensitivity switch but if you have it set on low, (2v-8v, or something like that,) and you do not have the higher voltage rcas, then you should set that to the lower range. not sure about a switch for bridging, but that will phase the speakers differently, and would not work bridged. there is no reason that it should not be louder than the mtx when there was no problem with the vehicle wiring before.

when you wired it to 2 channels, did you re-wire the subs? as for the gain, you can use a test tone cd and set the ac voltage on the outputs to match the wattage you should be getting for your ohm load. as a rule-of thimb, you don't want any bass bost at all, but some rare times, some boost can be used as an eq of sorts to level out the response of your subs, but 90% of the time, bass boost just ends up with clipping/ distortion, and peaky range. what is your gain set at currently, and waht range does the gain sensitivity have. also, what v output are your head unit rcas? (again, this is ac)

right now the gain is set half way the subs still don't give out what they should i even re-wired my subs to got even less bass so i switched back to bridged..
as for the rca output i would' know i just bought a 1200 watt amp kit
but i did splice a new end on one of the rca's because it broke..

hmm, how did it break? that amp should be putting out just fine. if it broke in the alpine, then i would likely suspect the rca jacks are broken internally, as well. do you still have the mtx, or other amp to swap out? you should take the readings i suggested, as the sensitivity may be low on the amp, and the rca signal could be simply low on the head unit, or has a problem with the rcas then again, if you did not splice them in the correct polarity, then signal could be robbed there, and possibly even canceled, but i would also expect to hear a bunch of noise. and, 4awg should not be the cause. i would personally run 2awg @ 900rms, but again, not necessary...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.