Amp and Sub hook up advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I currently am buying a Hifonics HIF2000D amplifier to power 2 Audiobahns ALUM10N.

The ALUM10N are low woofers so I'll be parallel wiring them to hit at 1.5 Ohms. That I already know how to do that.

Just learned a small problem. The Hifonics amp is not bridgeable and the parallel is a for a single line only...meaning one speaker line going to the amp. How would I do this...just put it on the right sub channel or the left sub channel or can I just put on on the positive left channel and one on the negative right channel?

I also need to know how to set the gain (Like where to put it at) because this amp will be overpowering both subs by 25 watts and I tend to have my music on loud and for a long time.

-Thanks,

Steve

Setting the gain, do this with a good quality track that you will listen to LOUD:
1. turn gain to zero
2. turn HU up unitl your speakrs running off it distort
3. turn HU down a little, so no distortion
4. turn up gain on amp unitl: bass levels are adequate or you hit distortion from your subs
5. if you turned up the gain until the subs distorted turn it down a little

Easist way to do it:)

i do it like that, too. you can use oscilloscope to detect clipping, etc, but really, keep mind on your total systame voltage, which you don;t wqant to drag down too far. start with the head turned up untill you can detect distortion, then back down a tad, and then leave it there, and turn the amp sensitivity up 9more to the smaller number where it gets louder, and do the same. the best way to describe where it clipps/distorts is wher the sound goes from getting loader to where it starts to change sound/tome top your ear. once you can detect tjhis, you are well above the setting. this, you can still tell if you are wearing ear-plugs, so don't be afraid to pop those in. to pull an estimate out of my bum, i would say you can tell 20% if you listen close. there is a way to set the voltage, etc, but i always find myself re-tuning these settings to my appeal. and, you want the bass boost off. the only time i ever use it is when there is a significant lacking in the frequency that it boosts, though there usually isn't, in fact, it mostly makes the bass sound like poo, and the lows really de-tuned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.