MTX Thunder81000D issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ran into one of these that had the fillter burned loose from the board.

replaced filter, and everything is working fine, but the unit just sounds a little odd. its hard to explain.

But then i noticed when the amp is idling not only does it making noises, but if i turn the volume knob up and down, you can watch the speaker push in and out.

paying closer attention to the speaker when music is playing, it seems like the DC offset is just swinging around, almost like a broken RCA ground as seen with a previous amp. But it is not, I am getting a .3xx reading on diode check beween RCA ground and speaker ground. (no RCA connected).

so i assume trouble in op-amp circuit.

any ideas?

yea, its definately somthing. Because with or without the RCAs connected, you can vary the gain and the speaker just pushes in or pulls out before it settles.

And it sounds kinda "muddy" or a box full of bass. its hard to explain. it doesnt sound "normal" per say. probably the offset playing a role into the audio. because it shifts around alot when the music is on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.