Help with Memphis 1000D's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Didn't you state that one of the two 640s had failed and one of the 9640s had failed?

Yes, the second amp I worked on had one of each blown on the same output side of the amp. The first amp had a 640 blown on one output side, and a 9640 blown on the other output side. Uh oh, I might of just clipped out all of the output transistors in the first amp for nothing.

If one of each parallel group failed, all in the parallel group must be replaced (if you want the amp to be as reliable as possible).
I'm a little confused, are the two separate parallel groups in parallel with eachother or something?? I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. Either way I took them all out so I have to replace them with new ones. Thanks again for your assistance.

I'm a little confused, are the two separate parallel groups in parallel with eachother or something?? I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. Either way I took them all out so I have to replace them with new ones. Thanks again for your assistance.

I was confused because you didnt say wether or not I pulled the others out for nothing. I think from what your saying though I did. You learn as you go I guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.