Rodek 280i goes into protection mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To start, this is a very old amp from what I know. it's a 160w 2(?) channel amp.
I know very very little about the curcuitry..
I'm only 17 and just want to hook up my sub for my new car...
No matter how it's plugged in, it will go into protection mode.

Even with nothing inputting to the amp after a few seconds it will go into protection mode.
One or two times, i had a single beat come through the sub, however after or during this single bass beat, it goes to protection mode.
I have a good ground, and romote plugged in. I opened it up and there does not seem to be damage of any sort.
However, there maybe be that I cannot see. So I'm stuck. My dad never had it working, he just bought it years ago cause it was a good price.
He did buy it secondhand.

If this amp is one like the one I worked on then it is possibly design by Steve Mantz of Zed Audio and worth a good bit - sound and dollar wise.

It may help to check out my repair-thread located here, a Rodek 275i: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/178327-rodek-275i-zed-audio-amp.html. Read through to give you some ideas before you start to fix your amp. Follow Perry's instructions.
yes, the circuitry is identical. I found that thread earlier and that's how i found this forum. I just don't really have the knowledge to figure it out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.