planet audio bb2400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have another planet audio with shorted outputs and shorted power supply. the problem is that im still waiting on the power supply fets, i have 14 but i need 16. i have heard of people just installing 1 fet for each bank of fets just for testing, would this be ok for me?

just for future reference what about doing the same with the outputs on other amps?

For the power supply, it's generally OK.

For the outputs, its OK on most amps but some class D amps use the load from the gate capacitance to determine the deadtime and installing the minimum number of outputs could cause the amp to malfunction.

For either, installing less than all of the components can mask weak driver problems so don't assume that the amp is 100% if it works without all of the components. You'll need to re-test after all of the components are installed (before reassembly).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.