Rockford 3sixty.2 schematics/modifications - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2011, 12:07 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to ComputerJLT
Default Rockford 3sixty.2 schematics/modifications

hey guys i'm considering modding my rf 360.2 to give it a digital input* and maybe repalce the op amps/caps to get some more SQ out of it. (*use the aux in as the digital input hopefully)

at the heart of this thing is a analog devices AD1940 24bit 16ch (8 in 8 out?) and then an AD1871 2ch ADC and then an analog devices AD1938 4ch adc 8ch dac (kinda weird how they used two separate chips as adc/dac but whatever i can't see the schematic so idk what is going on).
and then there are a lot of texas instruments TL072C op amps littered about in this thing. are these good or should I look into replacing them too?
All of this seems to be controlled by an atmel atmega16l. I really thought there would be more to this thing.

either way i think with a bit of prodding with my o-scope and m-meter i can track down the aux and the front inputs where they feed into an ADC. (i think these are switched somewhere before the 1871 as the primary channels for the dsp then the other 4ch as up to 6 input channels can be used on the rf at a time, then you can switch to aux where its the only thing used). I'm hoping i can just lift the digital out of that ADC and make some simple circuit that converts spdif/toslink to i2s or whatever language the DSP speaks (anyone know?)...
i may also have to figure out how to upconvert 16bit digital audio out of my pc to 24bit or somehow lock the output of my pc to 24bit 192khz from 16bit/96khz??

Any help/input is appreciated!!!
Old 10th September 2011, 06:33 AM   #2
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
hmm interesting... I miss the digital input also... I must say I never opened up my (since the price was so DAMN high)

with what could you replace TL072C that has same footprint, ok that and same pins?
Could you take some pictures of it and post it up here
replace tl's with opa or something?

I don't think you can convers 16bit to 24bit... or maybe you can, be I think I would want to start with 24bit in the first place... which means you couldn't use PC's spdif
also, I2S sound about right what you would need... I got minidigi... that would be fun if it would work with this

I think it would be good to know what is now inside, make a plan how in general is connected and see what can be done from there

Last edited by luka; 10th September 2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 7th October 2011, 07:29 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

any update... today I took picure of my, and found all components you stated
Old 8th October 2011, 11:37 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to ComputerJLT
nothin yet. haven't had time or money :-/ would be nice to have a spare 360 to really dig into so i dont have to disable my system in my car to play with it
Old 9th October 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I understand, even more when you don't want to take it out of system
I any case, hope this will change...someday

Hide this!Advertise here!