Lepai 268a for Subwoofer - can I bridge it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I've been looking at these forums quite a lot recently and thought I may as well join. I only really have a basic knowledge of this stuff so please go easy on me.

I've built a smallish Sub to put in my car and I have bought a Lepai 268a amp to power it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It all works well, but I was hoping to make it a bit louder.

I'm thinking about getting another amp the same and using both of them to make it louder. I've read on here that you can't bridge some amps because they are bridged internally, so I was wondering would I be able to bridge this amp? And if not is there any other configuration that I could put them in to increase power like in my picture below (on the right)?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If neither of these work can anyone suggest a cheap, louder, amplifier?

Hope you don't mind helping me out :)

Thanks,
Danny

It's likely already bridged internally. The ICs they use are likely very similar to those in head units and can only produce about 20w RMS per channel into 4 ohms. If you want more power, you'll need to use an amplifier with a switching power supply. It will be more expensive but will also be able to produce more power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.