Another Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it would be best to replace that part first then continue trouble shooting in my opinion. What caused the part to fail is the question???

Following some of the traces on some of my parts boards it looks like that part is tied in with the cross over card, the power supply driver transistors, the PWM TL494C, the LM339, and the voltage regulators. Maybe you had an issue in one of those areas.

What is the output on the positive and negative voltage regulators with the amp powered up?

Post the DC voltage of the pins on the TL494C and the LM339.

Go to alldatasheet.com if you are not sure of the pin locations and post as follows.

Pin 1:
Pin 2:

etc....etc...

I have several different boards the one I am looking at is a 766.

Thats makes sense because normally when I find Rockford amps with broken rca shield pins from the board I have to replace the IN4003 or the amps have wierd feedback noises and other strange problems.

To burn such as in the pic he posted you would think the 12v contact must have been for a long pieriod of time.

Maybe other issues could cause it as well, I have seen a few that burned but not very often.

I have one I want to repair too. It was driving 2 punch 18's @ 4 ohms bridged. Failure was likely the cause of driving hard into clipping over extended play. I have replaced all the caps in the power supply C13,C30,C12,C15,C22,C24,C16C28,C25 all with the appropriate caps.
many fets on the output side were visible damaged so I removed all pairs and replaced them with IRF 540 as called. When I power it up the led lights dimly and Q11 gets hot finally burned and popped the fuse. I need to get it idling before i can run a signal through it and see what I got signal wise.
When q11 is good i measure 28mohms on each fet q11,q6,q7,and q10
board version PC-0766-C
help me please !
Hugh

Last edited:
I think it would be best to replace that part first then continue trouble shooting in my opinion. What caused the part to fail is the question???

Following some of the traces on some of my parts boards it looks like that part is tied in with the cross over card, the power supply driver transistors, the PWM TL494C, the LM339, and the voltage regulators. Maybe you had an issue in one of those areas.

What is the output on the positive and negative voltage regulators with the amp powered up?

Post the DC voltage of the pins on the TL494C and the LM339.

Go to alldatasheet.com if you are not sure of the pin locations and post as follows.

Pin 1:
Pin 2:

etc....etc...
should be +15 and -15 volts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.