SPL ZX1-3000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another question deals with the input signal. what should I reference when trying to follow the signal through.
If I hook the probe ground to the incoming rca ground I can follow the signal through the first two op-amps. Should I be able to reference the power supply ground. RF amps have a 1K between chasis and circuit common, this amp must not have it? I find no other gnd spot in this amp for the input circuit.

The RCA shield should be tied to the secondary center tap and the negative speaker terminal. Using any of those as the reference should work. The signal should be easy to follow through to the input pin of the driver board. The exception may be through the 13600 IC. If the other ICs have excessive DC on their output pins, there may be a problem with the op-amp.

I did, but I wouldn't doubt it was a scope adjustment error from me.

I had the amp running a few minutes with a signal when the neg. side fets got warm and blew the fuse.

I swapped the output fets; originals were FB31N20 with FQP32N20. This was a Fairchild cross. I should check the gate signal for a slow rise and fall time?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.