Just installed new amp and sub, need help. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2011, 04:24 AM   #1
unreal is offline unreal  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Just installed new amp and sub, need help.

Before i ask this i just wanted to say i have no idea about the stereo or subs or anything about. I got a new amp and sub 1000watts insalled free by my friend. He said that i would need to get a cannister installed for my system because it is going to drain my battery, and he also said i cant use my subwoofer to the fullest (he said i can only have one plug plugged in instead of both or my system will mess up and that i have to keep my music low because my wiring is messed up that it could be grounded.) He said that his frend could rewire everything and add a canister for $150. Im sorry if this didnt make sense but is this a legit price? Im not sure on what to do. Thank you
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:00 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The capacitor (canister?) is a waste of money.

Is he saying that you can only have one RCA jack filled on the input RCAs?

How will it mess up?

Hide this!Advertise here!