RF Punch 200a4 nearly the same as 400a4?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bunch of RF PCBs sitting here, several in wrong sinks, so I had to look up who is who.

While looking up the PC-# in the RF-TechLib I noticed that PC-3084A is used in the 200a4 and obviously the 400a4.
(Or 300X and 500X depending on the year, from what I saw.)
There are just some other resistors in the PSU (feedback, setting the rail) and caps mentioned.
(And some in the audio input circuit, from what I read, but that's irrelevant in this moment.)

The most interesting point to me is, that the transformer has the same part number.

I looked at several pics, but I couldn't see any difference between the two transformers.

As I will have to recap that one, something fell on the PCB, cracked some mylar and el. caps, it would be a very easy mod.
Setting the rail higher, picking one of the the good sinks and I'm done.:D

Thanks for your help!

Julian

No I just have the "working" board from a 200a2/300X with the smashed caps on it.
It's really working! Even with some torn off caps!

I looked through the RF pile and found a 550x, rated the same as the 400a4, this one has a mechanical bigger transformer in it.

I just took a caliper and measured the 200a4 transformer.
Diameter: ~1.5''/3,7cm
Height: ~.5''/15mm

Does anybody have a 400a4 to measure the transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.