Rockford power650 mosfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.

I have a Power 650 Mosfet that I am working on.

The amp works great but I want to get rid of the DIN plug.

The selector switch reads as follows:

DIN high and low
DIN high rca low

I am wiring new female rca's to both. I am not sure what side of the DIN connections at the board to wire in the new rca's. There are 4 signal holes and 1 common ground shield.

Do I solder the wires to where the yellow and white ones from the DIN plug went or to where the red and black ones from the DIN plug went?

Any advice would be great.............Thanks again.

Hello Perry just an update for you and all others that want to get rid of the DIN plug on the older Power 650 Mosfet.

If the amp is sitting in front of you vertically and you are staring at the end of it there are 5 solder pads where the DIN plug was originally soldered.

The 2 on the left closest to the crossover switch are the ones you use for the RCA signal wires and the middle is the ground.

The 2 on the left have +18/-18 vdc, do not use those.

I have soldered new OEM power, ground, and fan wires onto the amp as well as a new OEM speaker wire harness. I also removed the DIN plug and the old rca plugs and soldered brand new rca plugs onto the board.

The amp works really good and sounds great, almost forgot how much power these old beasts really put out and not to forget the AMAZING sound quality.

I have included a pic but its blury and sorry for the horrible paint writing on the pic.......

Attachments

• Power 650 painted din mod.jpg
    Power 650 painted din mod.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.