RF 325.2 blows fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Circa 2006 325.2
I bought this amp not working, like everyone I buy. This one had the supply fets blown and by the looks of it one of the outputs was "repaired" as well. I replaced the supply fets and gate resistors. I don't see anything wrong with the outputs, transistors and resistors measure fine.

If I switch power on for a split second I see +-rail voltage along with +-15V supplies. If I keep it on longer it will blow the fuse I have in-line with B+.

Wondering if I should pull the outputs to verify the supply is operational; is there an easier way? I did apply just remote power and seen the outputs from the 494.

cory

What i do with this type of problem is remove output transistors and feed VAS output back into LTP to close the loop. I can then check for dc offset and bias without blowing output mosfets.
If there is still a fault with outputs removed I start pulling all the transistors and diodes and check them out of circuit. While the transistors are out I check all resistors and check capacitors for shorts.

It would be R280 and R281, but the problem is J200 was cut from the board. It looked like a solder connection, but it had none.

I need to look more closely at the previous repairs, most of the time that is the issue.

Does measuring across those resistors show signs of leakage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.