AudioControl 24XS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I have an OS audiocontrol xover... actually 2 EQT's and 2 - 24XS's. One of the low pass channels on the second 24XS which is my midbass channel is cutting in and out... I also noticed that when its cut out if I turn it up the speaker will sort of pulse out and back in slowly. Not constant just every now and then...

Any idea what could cause this to happen? I've looked it over and resoldered a couple connections that didn't look right but no luck.... everything else looks fine. I've tested everything else in the system its definitely the lowpass right ch. Anyone had a similar problem I can check for? Checked ALL the diodes and most of the resistors on that channel and they all appear fine...

I've attached some pics to help... hopefully... lol

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 104
Check the RC4136 quad op-amps for the defective channel. I have had to replace a few in my past, so it's not too far of a stretch to figure you may have a defective one. Also check the pots for that channel as they do wear out with age and use. Other then that there isn't too much else that can go wrong with any Audio Control device of this era, except the power supply and since yours is working otherwise I rule out any issues there out for now...hope this helps:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.