Hifonics BX1205D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They are all the same basic transistor but the -10 and -16 have higher gain than the one with no suffix.

Are you sure that this is the transistor you want? The 2SB1260 is marked with BE like the BCX55 but is a PNP transistor (BCX55 is an NPN). The 2SB1260 is much more common.

Look in the 'semiconductor datasheets' folder in the section 'Transistor marked BE...'.

I finally decided to dig into this amp again.

I soldered some KTA1266GRs in the place of the 2SB1260s for testing purposes.

The amp has 22ohm gate resistors in the power supply so I replaced the 50N06s with 3205s. It powers up and everything looks clean.

My question is, I'm kind of broke and those are what I have on hand, if I use some fixative on the A1266s so they don't break, do you think this amp may just be fine the way I have it? I know you would rather use original components but aren't power supplies kind of forgiving being that they don't switch too fast?

I replaced Q7 and Q11 but have not tested it under load. I did notice, though, that these two components show evidence of heat stress. Any idea why these would heat up like that?

Attachments

• IMG_3358b.jpg
    IMG_3358b.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 70
I can't think of any reason that the cap would get hot unless too much voltage was applied. The resistor is probably part of the protection circuit. Sometimes, when an amp stays in protection for long periods of time, components that would not ordinarily get ho do so because the voltage across them isn't what it would be under normal operating conditions.

old thread?

I have the same amp and do have a question about this amp, and board you show. U1 & U3 on my look exactly the same as yours, heat damaged, or are these supposed to look like that? no numbers visable for replacement.
Mine powers up just fine, but there is no audio out. does not go into protect.
no other visably burnt parts, and now Im looking to see if I can somehow find a way to input a signal to bypass the board to see if the outputs are somehow bad but not showing signs. also is the Relay supposed to engage after amp turn on and turn off (click)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.