Coaxial options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a recommendation for good coaxial speakers?

I put together my own system (first time, yeah im still noob) a while ago and made a few mistakes. The amp I use for my sub woofer is running near max while the amp I have for my coaxials is running at around 20%.

Is it possible to find really good 6x8 coaxials that can push a lot of bass to help even the load between the 2 amps?

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think I will notice a loss in high frequency quality going from the 3way jbl speaker to the 2way hybrid audio speaker?

I suppose I could always mount the tweeters separate up higher near the dash for better sound quality but I really wanted to stay away from any modding of the vehicle.

How did you come up with the 20%? Your sensitivity range? Does it sound bad? Are you looking for a better blend between the sub and the other speakers or just peace of mind that your stereo amp is as maxed out as your sub amp? I've used a lot of different speakers and have yet to find a coax that was substantially bassier than another. For budget systems, I LOVE CDT Audio's CL series of components and coax's. Their 1" silk tweeters are lovely! As far as modding, I don't like cutting anything that I don't have to. A couple of installs, I built tweeter pods out of fiberglass and a toilet paper roll and used black rtv to "glue" them to the a-pillars. Just enough so it doesn't squeeze out everywhere. I've used the pods that come with some tweeters in the same way. If you ever need to remove them, just pull them off. Those Hybrids are pretty sweet looking but if I'm dropping over $200 on a pair, I'm getting components. Currently I have some dyn's that I need to build door panels for.
Steve

How did you come up with the 20%? Your sensitivity range? Does it sound bad? Are you looking for a better blend between the sub and the other speakers or just peace of mind that your stereo amp is as maxed out as your sub amp? I've used a lot of different speakers and have yet to find a coax that was substantially bassier than another. For budget systems, I LOVE CDT Audio's CL series of components and coax's. Their 1" silk tweeters are lovely! As far as modding, I don't like cutting anything that I don't have to. A couple of installs, I built tweeter pods out of fiberglass and a toilet paper roll and used black rtv to "glue" them to the a-pillars. Just enough so it doesn't squeeze out everywhere. I've used the pods that come with some tweeters in the same way. If you ever need to remove them, just pull them off. Those Hybrids are pretty sweet looking but if I'm dropping over $200 on a pair, I'm getting components. Currently I have some dyn's that I need to build door panels for.
Steve

Yeah, I am guestimating based on sensitivity range. The sound quality is great actually, but I wouldn't mind a little more volume and since the subs are maxed out there isn't much I could do other than to find some good mid/midbass speakers out there to help compliment the subs.

I also feel like the phoenix amp is over kill if I can barely turn it up. I am wondering why I got the amp in the first place and didn't just hook the coaxials into the head unit. SO, because of that, I am kind of hoping to get some sort of coaxial speakers with a nice low end so that I can get a little more out of the system.

If they don't make amazing coaxials that can do this, I may just have to do some cutting and modding for the sweeters and get some decent mid/mid bass speakers for the door. *shrug* Any ideas are welcomed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.