Needing some help with my amplifier! Apline mrd-m100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone. new to this site. I was just installing my 10th+ system in my vehicle tonight and ran into a problem. I just bought a mrd-m1000 amp from a local pawn shop...before i bought it we tested it out in the store and it worked awesome! i bring it home, get my cables ran, and power everything up. My amp would turn on but would not play any sound! And to go along with that, every time the bass would hit from a song my power light would dim Solely on top of the amp. I checked all of my connections 3 times and i cannot seem to find out what the problem is...i hooked a battery charger directly to the the amp on a low amperage and that fixed the flickering light, but i still dont have any audio. my rca cable is plugged in where it should be, and i'm running the right amount of ohms. i have 2 crossfire db 12's and from what i have read so far, my amp will put out 1000w RMS @ 2ohms. can someone please help me? i've just spent 6 hours trying to figure it out. Thanks!

You need to confirm that you have sufficient power supply voltage. With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter probe on the ground terminal of the amp (not on the point where the ground wire connected to the vehicle) and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red probe alternately to the B+ and remote terminals of the amp. If the voltage is below ~11 volts on either the B+ or remote line, you need to check the wiring feeding whichever line is too low. If 'both' the B+ and remote turn-on lines are low and your battery is fully charged, you may have a bad ground connection.

Do this without having the charger connected.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.