Precision Power a1200.2 art series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all. I am brand new here, sorry if I post in the wrong area just let me know. I am deciding on getting a pair of decent condition a1200.2 precision power art series amps. I am getting them tested out at a certified stereo shop tomorrow in Vernon, Bc, Canada. I currently have 1 fusion power plant 15" sub on a fusion 1200 watt rms amp or 2000 watt peak. These r a pair I was going to put together something but not sure if the old is worth it.

any suggestions or ideas? my buddy got em from a friend about 10 years ago. Has done nothing but sat on a shelf im and he is 30 so go figure :) we was 20 then. He figures they r good but testing them out let me know guys.

actually, they are pretty nice amps, and fall in the collector category. if they are in decent condition, they can fetch some collector value over the value of what they put out. treat them nice, or sell them to someone who knows them if you plan on putting them through some abuse. you get a +1 for matched pair, too. one thing to think about- they are class a, or b, can't remember, but that does mean they are going to be power hungry, so if you cannot feed each, either wire the sub(s) to keep the output to a level you can sustain with your vehicle electrical, or sell them off and get what you can power. idk if trying to buy, sell, or trade in a tech thread is allowed, so i won't officially offer. however, if you are looking at pulling high effeciency (most output) from a stock alternator, one of the best powerhouses i have run is my older (2006-2007) rockford power t5001bd, which i was able to clamp over 1200rms @ 13.4v sustained, and peaks of 2400+ @ .9 ohm load. i have also seen the next year power elite t5002bd 2channel version rated to similar output. however, they are the last line of rockfords that actually perform in this way. i was real disappointed in what the newer versions do. max draw of mine is under 120a. i'm not really a rockford man, but you just don't really see this kind of high power efficiency, lol. moral of the story, whatever you do, make sure you can feed it well, or your amp/amps can, and likely will be damaged trying to push beyond. btw, what is your setup/vehicle to power your system? alternator size?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.