Kicker ZR240

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I replaced 2 TIP35Cs in one channel and used 75344Gs in the power supply. When I power it on now the relays engage and then disengage and it is stuck in protect.

The channel opposite the one I replaced outputs in is getting hot quickly. There are no shorted TIP35/36Cs and the TIP42/41Cs are not shorted. Not sure what to check next.

pThe reading change depending on how long I have been testing. When cool it powers up and for a moment you see -15v and +15v, all the rest zeros. After a second or two they read this (all + voltages):

IC# U1
Pin 1: 13.5
Pin 2: 13.5
Pin 3: .4
Pin 4: .8
Pin 5: 15
Pin 6: 13.5
Pin 7: 13.5
Pin 8: 13.5

IC# U4
Pin 1: 13.5
Pin 2: 13.5
Pin 3: .4
Pin 4: .8
Pin 5: 15
Pin 6: 14.1
Pin 7: 13.7
Pin 8: 0

After it warms up it goes back to +15v, -15v, and all others zeros. If I turn it off and back on it stays that way until I let it cool down for a few minutes, then I can get the above readings. Also, it seems that the channel I did not repair now stays cool and the bank I did not replace (tip36c) in the channel I repaired is now getting hot the fastest.

Ok, apparently it was my mistake. I had B+, Rem, and GND connected and flipped my power supply on so the primary caps were not charged when Rem was supplied.

If I power the PS on with Rem disconnected and then connect Rem both of the op amps read:
0,0,0,-15,15,0,0,0

One channel has 0v DC, the other has +.4 and rising. The amp attempts to come out of protect and the transformer buzzes and it goes back to protect. That is at the emitter resistors.

Sorry for all the re-posts but these symptoms are the strangest I've had to deal with.

I just hooked both oscope probes to the regs. On a cold power up the rail voltage goes above + and - 40v and I see + and - 15v. Suddenly, after a second or two, the rail voltage drops below 40 and -15v goes to +.8v. After another 10 seconds or so I see both rail voltages drop slightly again and a fraction of a second later -15v is back. Both rail voltages drop slowly until some of the outputs are too hot to touch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.