Hifonics BXI 2010 D - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2011, 10:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hifonics BXI 2010 D

Hello all I have a Hifonics BXI 2010 d 2000 watt amp that has gone into protect mode. I was driving with the volume very low when all of a sudden it sounded as if a bomb went off, the speakers must have went full excursion forward and back,needless to say after I put on a clean pair of shorts and found that my amp (which has performed flawlessly for 2 yrs) had gone into protect mode so I checked all the wires and RCA's and everything was fine. I took the amp out and sent it to a local repair shop in Tulsa and got a call a day later and the gentelman told me there is a short on the board and I would have to send it in to the manufacturer to have it repaired, well if I have to go this far with it I desided to open her up and take a look for my self...Well all the mosfets checked out ok so I dug in a little further and have found myself needing some HELP,I have found an area with a resister running hot 182 degrees to be exact its the one in the picture that has yellow brown brown gold stripe and is surounded by the 2 black things (sorry I dont Know what there called)but they seem to be running a little hot also but only by about 10 degree my question is where to go from here do I pull the resistor and see if it comes out of protect mode or ? note: I found another resistor with the same markings and both of them read 462 on my dmm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0147[1].jpg (394.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 27th June 2011, 12:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well after looking closer at my own picture I notice I was wronge about the color its yellow purple brown gold but anyway I think I fingured it out, the transistor in the upper part of the photo is open circuit so it needs to be replaced,its amazing how you can find whats wrong just by finding a hot spot.
Does anyone know if the local (shack)would have this part?

Hide this!Advertise here!