Mtx 1501d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys!Ive had a problems before, with my mtx 1501d(burn powersupply).Ive replace the 8 power transistors(Fet 436-441) and the to resistors(r436 r435),that was bad!Now the amp turns on,an it plays,but the power supply is making a high pitch noise.Also Led 238&399 are on also.The only reason i think it plays is because the owner before me mod this amplifier!Do anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening !!Also,before it stop working,the power supply whould make noise when i first turn it on,then it would go away.I also notice the yellow caps looks funny.( in the power supply area,in front of the FET transistors)one of them looks like it was leaking before.thanks

The power supplies in these amps can be very noisy.

Does the heatsink under the power supply FETs get hot quickly when you drive the amp hard?

Most of the yellow caps are film caps and therefore can't leak. If the case isn't melted on the film caps, the substance you see on the board is likely from something else. I'm assuming that you're referring to the film caps because I've never seen a 1501 with yellow electrolytic caps.

The power supplies in these amps can be very noisy.

Does the heatsink under the power supply FETs get hot quickly when you drive the amp hard?

Most of the yellow caps are film caps and therefore can't leak. If the case isn't melted on the film caps, the substance you see on the board is likely from something else. I'm assuming that you're referring to the film caps because I've never seen a 1501 with yellow electrolytic caps.

Yes,the yellow film caps..I guess the stuff on the board came from the caps i change before.What about the LED lights (238&399).Are they suppose to be on???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.