Help me choose

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Neither of the PPI's will like a 1 Ohm load bridged and I'm fairly sure the Lanzar won't either. If it were me, I would wire the sub's coils for 2 Ohm and run any of the above amps in stereo mode (Not bridged), one sub for each channel, but to choose which one....

What amp are you planning on using for your front stage?

I would use the 1200.2 on the subs wired for 2 Ohms, one for each channel like I stated above and the 600.2 for the front stage. Nothing against the Lanzar, it is a great amp but you already have the match set and I am a little biased toward those vintage PPI's.

Wire each woofer to series/8 ohms and parallel both woofers across the a1200.2 bridge terminals. It will be a 4ohm mono load and the amp will beat the snot out of those subs. (and sound great as well) The optidrive would also do a great job as far as power is concerned but I would go with the sq and reliability of the ppi over the lanzar. PPi for the front stage all the way

Really wire them like that and the subs will hit hard. I didn't know that's why I'm asking I thought lower ohms would make the subs hit lower bass. What gauge should I run to the a1200.2 I have 2 gauge ran there now but I know it won't fit into the plugs any ideas? Thanks for your help

You can buy the 2gauge to 8gauge step down terminals that will fit the holes in the amp plug. The optimum impedance for the a1200.2 is 2 ohms per channel in stereo or 4 ohms mono bridged. It won't put out any more power if you drop the impedance lower, it will actually cut it back some to protect the amp. If you wire each sub's coils in series it will give you 8 ohms. Then you connect both woofers to the amp and it will drop the load to 4 ohms which is perfect.

Last edited:
Ok I'll do that it won't loose any of the wire size though right

For the ground, if the amp is bolted to metal you can just use four or five inches of the same size that fits the power terminal. For the + the step down adapter won't lose any power. You could trim the 2 gauge but it could be messy and could arc to the ground lead. They also make terminal plugs for the amp that already accept huge wire. Check ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.