Rockford Fosgate Punch 800a4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.

I recieved a Rockford Punch 800a4 in for repair. 2 channels were completely fried. I rebuilt both channels and all is well, good clean output on the scope and great solid sound.

The problem is when you switch the input switch from 2 channel to 4 channel input the amp makes a loud pop. I replaced the switch with a new switch with same result.

I am wondering if this is normal?? I dont think it should do that. The amp works great but its like something is goofy with the input and crossover switches.

Any ideas would be great...............Thanks again.

Signal source unit? I have the head units ground connected to the same ground as the amps ground. These tests were done with no signal present. I re-tested with the rca's (signal) hooked up and the readings were almost all at 0.000 vdc on pins 1 and 7 of all the op-amps. Just a fraction of a volt on a few but no substantial dc, nothing over 0.015 vdc.

Any other ideas of why the switch would pop through the speakers upon being switched from 2 channle to 4 channel input???

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.