Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.

I have a Rockford 200ix that I am repairing. This post is directed mainly towards Perry. I have a question concerning the parallel outputs must match discussion we have had in the past.

The power supply was fried and one output fet was shorted. I repaired the power supply and all is well with that. I replaced the bad output fet and the amp plays audio and sounds great with no issues.

Since this amp uses all IRF540's in both channels would these be considered parallel outputs?

Do all the output fets in the repaired channel need to match the replaced fet?

Does the other channels IRF540's have to match the repaired channel as well?

There are 6 outputs per channel. That means that there are 2 sets of 3 parallel transistors. Three reproduce the positive half of the waveform. The other three reproduce the bottom half of the waveform. If one failed, you need to (at the very least) replace the two that were in parallel with the one that failed. For better reliability, I'd suggest replacing all in the channel. This doesn't have anything to do with parallel operation. If one failed, all in the channel were likely driven very nearly to the point of failure and could be weakened or damaged.

Nothing needs to be done to the other channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.