PPI a600 channel - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd June 2011, 07:46 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default PPI a600 channel

Hi I have a problem on a channel of this amp when I switch it on you hear a noise like fries accompanied by a slight hiss, which does not bother to play, but raising the maximum volume that the sound always almost tears while 'other channel has no problems playing the whole, I was advised to move the ceramic plates and acting on bias but nothing 's gonna change, I have no diagrams or other in order to understand what the problem is, anyone can' help me in this?
Thanks to all
Old 2nd June 2011, 08:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Look at the attached image (link). You see two resistors. Place the meter (set to ohms) on the end points of each resistor. What is the resistance for each?

Do this with no power applied.

http://www.bcae1.com/temp/ppidriverb...roverlay01.swf
Old 3rd June 2011, 06:51 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

tnx Perry for quick reply i try this and write here a soon possible, but is possible this problem is a bad ground on car ?
Old 3rd June 2011, 08:59 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

hi i have tested the ceramic card my digital multimeter is to 20K and measure is 12.98 and decrease the same at other channel in the same points to pics you have post here..
Old 3rd June 2011, 03:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

It's not likely a ground problem if one channel works flawlessly unless the problem is a grounded speaker wire.

If the meter isn't auto-ranging, set it to the lowest resistance scale and measure across those points again.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:36 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

i have set the digital multimeter to 200 ohm and the measure point indicate to your image is 98 ohms the same measure is in the other card/channel
Old 4th June 2011, 10:36 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

If you read ~100 ohms, the resistors are likely OK.

Do you have an oscilloscope or a way to monitor/listen to the audio at various points in the circuit?
Old 4th June 2011, 11:16 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

sorry i not have a oscilloscope . but exist any way to test this ?
Old 4th June 2011, 04:07 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

If the problem is noise, you need to be able to either listen to the signal at various points in the signal chain or you need to be able to see the waveforms to see where the noise is being introduced.

Are you sure that the noise isn't due to dirty contacts or bad connections on the switches, potentiometers or RCA jacks?
Old 6th June 2011, 11:04 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

hi Perry i have solved this, i have reweld the pins to channel card/board ( your photo see a few weldind pins and maybe not make a good contact)and transistor and for now noise is vanished, now i test for 2-3 day, i hope is all ok .
tnx 4 u help, maybe one day i disturb you again for oscilloscope signal , first i buy a oscilloscope .
tnx again

Last edited by carlinux; 6th June 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!