Rockford BD1500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I have a Rockford bd1500 with a missing part. The location is C92. I checked my other bd1500's but cant read the value do to location. What is a suitable replacement?

Can I just put another 63V 330uf in its place or do I have to use the little orange one?

So to my original question why did they install the little orange capacitor, and can I replace it with a 63v 330uf like the rest of them or do I need to replace it with the little orange one??

The schematic does not specify any different capacitor other than the 63v 330uf.

Ok I am back a Power 1000a2 just fell 5 feet from the top shelf and hit me in the head. 4 puncture wounds to the arm, 2 puncture wounds to the hand, and 5 puncture wounds to the head. I am a little dizzy, vision a little blury but ready to go. There was alot of blood on my face and in my eyes but I think I got it stopped.

Ready to get back to this amp!!!!

I am going to assume the capacitor is a polyester capacitor, probably 63v like the rest but not sure of the uf rating. Can anyone tell me what it is because the schematic does not even show a different cap being used.

Can I just replace it with a normal 63v 330uf radial cap or does it have to be the little orange polyester cap?

Well its a small square, orange, polyester cap. It has a part number of "1L4684" on it nothing else. I have ordered a capacitance meter but do not have it yet. I am not sure of the uf rating but assuming its 63v like the rest of the radial capacitors in the power supply.

First pic is the whole board, second pic is of the missing cap and yes it is in the power supply circuit. Wondering if it would hurt anything to replace it with a radial cap like the rest.

The larger caps are the rail caps......The smaller ones are the power supply caps.

Attachments

• bd1500 board pics 001.jpg
    bd1500 board pics 001.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 42
  • bd1500 board pics 002.jpg
    bd1500 board pics 002.jpg
    952.7 KB · Views: 43
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.