Alpine MRP-M1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those are voltage regulators. They're going to get hot quickly if they're not mounted to the heatsink. Clamp all transistors to the heatsink so you can troubleshoot the other problems.

Do you have positive and negative regulated voltage on the op-amps?

Do you have positive and negative rail voltage on the outputs?

Do you have audio on pins 1 and 7 of IC1801?

Replaced both driver IC'S (2010S) Replaced all of the outputs.

If i stick the black probe on ground and red on either speaker terminal i get 13 volts on power up..

It i put the black probe on negative speaker terminal and red on the positive speaker terminal I get 0.26 volts when powering it up.

Hey mike what's the nature of your problem with your amp? I have the same amp and it recently crapped out on me and am about to try to fix it.

I also noticed that you guys had a thread back in november where you passed around a service manual for this amp (I emailed you about this, Perry). I would greatly appreciate it if one of you could PM me if you have it.

Thanks

Both of the amps ive had here 1 is already back to the owner and the other one is still here.

Both amps had the same problem:

The outputs were defective (IRF540)

The driver IC'S were also defective (IR2010S) Board locations: IC9801 &
IC9802

I also had a bad diode in location: ZD4901 -- right in fron of the regulators.

Hope this helps to get you started

mike49504:

Check the voltage on all of the terminals of all of the components indicated in the attached image. Which ones have voltage significantly different than those in the service manual (page 10).

Attachments

• mrpm100001.gif
    mrpm100001.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 166
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.