HELP! I think my jl amp is blown.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think my jl 500/1 v2 is blown. I blew a Cerwin Vega 15" stroker a few years ago and my friend tried to fix it. so to test it i hooked it to my jl 500/1 and now the amp doesnt work? power light is green but no power comes out. There is no fuse on the amp outside or inside that i could find. anyone know a simple fix perhaps? or a place i could send it cheap?

my 1000/1 went out bout a month a go. neighbor said he heard a loud thump come from my car in the middle of night???? Mines still come on also but no output. Im thinking something on the smaller preamp board went out. Havent had it check out yet but if i do it will be local. Price of repair would only be worth it if you could find someone local. After shipping back and forth repair and parts cost you be close to a decent used or maybe new amp with a few bucks more.

It appears that the power supply FETs may be blown. Pull the bottom cover and look at the resistors in front of the transistors in the right-rear corner. They should look clean (second photo), not like the ones in the first photo. Look at all 8 of them.

Attachments

• IMG_6964b.jpg
    IMG_6964b.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_7330b.jpg
    IMG_7330b.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 438
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.