connect mp3 to the stereo directly throught the CD changer in back - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2011, 07:49 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

thanks all for your help
Old 31st May 2011, 08:00 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hmmm... not sure I believe that. How do you switch to CD changer from tuner mode?
My point is, there must be a button on the head unit. When the button is pressed, the head unit may look for that "handshake" signal, doesn't find it, and stays on the selected input. If there is some proprietary protocol, you're out of luck I'm afraid. Unless you can find and implement that specific hack.

Last edited by sofaspud; 31st May 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 1st June 2011, 05:50 AM   #13
amc32 is offline amc32  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, the radio is made by Alpine. Off the top of my head, I know that if you take an older Alpine CD Changer Din Cable ( Not the newer AI Cable) apart at the harness end. Switch the red and white wires positions that are inside the cable itself, an aftermarket Alpine Changer will work. Now I believe Alpine also carries an Aux input Din Cable. With some photos and green tea we may be able to do this.
Hopes this helps.
Old 1st June 2011, 06:05 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hey that sounds like progress. It's hard to be sure in these days of everything having an embedded MCU, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's just a "is there something connected" poll from the head unit.
Old 1st June 2011, 07:16 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks alot for the great input. I thought it would workk (straight MP3 hookup) because that 50 $ device the here
Honda Odyssey 2003 Radio IPod/Zune/iRiver/Mp3 Aux Input | eBay doesnt look like much.

PS how does this device work, does anyone know? It goes through the back i/e cd changer port also. So they know how to talk to the radio.

Hide this!Advertise here!