Is my sub blown ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When testing with an ohm meter at the speaker jack it will test infinite impendence which should mean it is blown or a bad connection. I took the speaker out of it's enclosure to check all connections, all is well, I also tested the speaker at the speaker terminals and it tested 4 ohm's of impendence, so my question is, is my sub blown or can the speaker jack and the wires be bad ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andre

If I understand your details, "speaker jack" means where your amplifier connects to the subwoofer enclosure on the outside. When you measure there, you measure infinite ohms. Is that right?

If the woofer checks out with a normal ohm value outside the enclosure, I would think you have a bad mechanical connection inside the enclosure at the "speaker jack" or a break in the internal wiring.

Is my sub blown ?
If you have to ask, then likely: YES.
A little more context might help though. For example, if you were pushing the thing to its limits and it suddenly stopped working, then you took the measurements above, then, definitely YES. It's blown. Be more careful next time. If you hadn't used the thing in a long time and it isn't working now, then there might be a case to be made for a loose or corroded connection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.