Hifonics Eagle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got this little amp on the bench. It doesnt say Zed Audio anywhere on it, but it sure looks like an American Made Zed Audio design. This amp is in very good condition but looks to have been rebuilt once in the past. When I first tested, the amp powered on in protection. I found Q110 reading 55 ohms from Legs 1-3 off the pcb. With Q110 removed, the amp powers up out of protection, but then Q310 and Q311 get hot after about 10 seconds. In testing again with the bias turn full counter clockwise Q310 and Q311 dont heat up for now.

Q110 is an IRFZ24.

Also noticed the power supply fets have EAT11 stamped on them, but the board says the 4 should be IRFZ44. The gate resistors are 26 ohms.

it appears this amp will be able to produce sound on all 4 channels after I replace the failed Q110. Maybe this one was a little too easy...

IMG_20110515_223002.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.