Alpine MRV-F307

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recieved this amp with one channel not producing any sound but all the other 3 channels worked great. I replaced 2 output fets that were burnt. I powered up the amp and it powers on and the LED stays lit. The amp pulses on my power supply. It produces sound in all channels but goes on and off. You can see the current draw then nothing. Its like the power supply is turning on and off over and over again. The LED stays lit the whole time and is green.

Does anyone have any clues for me??

Is there any pulsing DC on the dead channel?

Did you check the drivers for the outputs?

Are the emitter/source resistors within tolerance?

The dead channels produces audio as well as the other 3. The sound goes on for 3 seconds then off for 3 seconds over and over. Its like the power supply is shutting on and off but the LED stays lit green the whole time.

Drivers you mean the little 1/8 watt 220 ohm rsistors?

The emitters you mean the 5 watt 0.1 ohm ceramic/stone looking resistors?

The emitters and drivers seem to be OK and within tolerance one of the drivers was at 215.5 ohms seems a little low. It looks as if they use one driver and one emitter per pair of fets. Thats seems strange to me. There are 4 drivers and 4 emitters, but 8 output fets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.