MA Audio HK602SX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using the 802 as a reference so it may be a bit different. Is there a diode with its anode directly connected to pin 1?

If so, reinstall any parts from this area that are out of the circuit and desolder one leg of that diode. That should defeat the protection circuit so you can determine if the fault is in the audio circuit or in the protection circuit.

I have everything in the board and solderd back together at this point.

Heres a pic of the power supply area

Attachments

• MA AUDIO.JPG
    MA AUDIO.JPG
    676.2 KB · Views: 45
Power supply problems can't cause the amp to go into protection. Measure the DC voltage across the emitter resistors. You'll have to have it out of the sink. If the PS FETs are heating up, you'll have to place the probes across each of the resistors, and note the voltage at the point where the amp begins to draw excessive current, power down, move the probes and do it again. You'll have to measure accurately. None should read greater than 0.000v DC.

I'm assuming that you've check the drivers and outputs already.

I checked all outputs and drivers the problem is in the left channel.

Heres what i get on the drivers for the outputs:

D600K

1-2:OL
1-3:0.596
2-3:0.594

probes reversed

1-3:OL
2-3:OL

I get the same readings on both D600K's

B631K

1-3:OL
2-3:OL

Probes reversed
1-3:0.606
2-3:0.601

I get the same reading on both of thoose.

Thoose appear to look good.

All outputs were taken out of the board and tested for shorted/leaking all test the same and appear to be good.

Wondering where i go from here?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.