Desperately seeking some heatsink clips - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2011, 01:26 AM   #1
spooney is offline spooney  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Desperately seeking some heatsink clips

I've got a Powerbass ASA1500.1DX amp here that I just did a repair on. A couple of the heatsink clips are in pretty bad shape. They don't really seem to hold the fets down too tightly. The clips are the same as the ones talked about in this thread: Spring clamps
One of them has even cracked on one side of it. I would really like to get my hands on a few of these things. Hoping somebody here might have a handful they would be willing to sell me. Willing to pay good money for them. Would really like to get at least 12 but I will take what I can get. Last time I checked there was no good source for these. If there is an alternative method for securing fets on amps that use these style clips I would love it if somebody could share that info with me. Thanks in advance.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:48 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you find a source, post it here.

If you can't find replacements, use the weak ones to hold down less critical components like regulators (weakest clamps) and rectifiers.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:54 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Has anybody ever gave those clips that mouser sells a shot? I am going to take measurements of the clips I have and see if mouser has something close.
Old 29th April 2011, 02:14 AM   #4
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

well, its in EU

Transistor-Halteklammern, Haltefedern | Kühlkörper - im Conrad Online Shop günstig kaufen
Old 29th April 2011, 02:25 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Took some measurements and these are the two closest ones I could find at mouser : MAX02-HG Aavid Thermalloy Heatsinks

MAX03-HG Aavid Thermalloy Heatsinks

Gonna order a few of each and see how/if they work out. I will be sure to let everyone know if these are OK.
Old 29th April 2011, 02:33 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I know a couple of people have tried the ones from Aavid and couldn't get them to work. I think they went in but had to be broken to remove them. If you try it, place a transistor against the sink in an area that's unused in case the sink is badly damage by the clip.
Old 29th April 2011, 03:35 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

lol I posted in the wrong thread, RS components carries a clamp, stock no. 234-2441
Old 29th April 2011, 05:08 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

This is the shape of the slot and the clips he needs.
Attached Images
File Type: gif springclips01x.gif (17.3 KB, 87 views)
Old 2nd May 2012, 02:52 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Welcome to SoundQubed - Amazing car audio for those that know quality. will sell clips, at least they did to me. $.25 each and they have 3 different sizes.
Sometimes tough to get a hold of, but friendly when you do.

Hide this!Advertise here!